Sunday, August 21, 2011

Elephant Rocks State Park

Ryan and I went hiking at Elephant Rocks during our first month of dating. I have fond memories of that trip and we've always talked about going back. Well it took us 7 years, but we finally did it. It rained almost the entire way there, so we stopped at the Missouri Mines State Historic Site to wait out the rain. That was about as exciting as it sounds. Ryan had to actually listen to the mining veteran speak while I chased Wade around.
Such a boy...climbing on the heavy equipment was required.
Wade and Mom at Elephant Rocks
Obviously they are holding that rock up.
We had a picnic at Elephant Rocks and after our hike, we stopped by Johnson's Shut Ins. I couldn't tell too much difference since the dam break, but I definitely want to go back sometime with our swimming suits. This time we just walked the trail and looked at every one else having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment