Friday, April 8, 2011

Wade is One Year Old Today





Bear with me, it's 6 am and I haven't taken the "block picture" yet.  I am behind on blog postings though and I wanted to make sure that I got this one out here TODAY...not tomorrow, and certainly not next week.  I have spent too much of late March planning for Wade's birthday party (see next blog post, I imagine) and so I haven't posted anything.

Everyone says things like "I can't believe it's already been a year."  True.  "Are you surprised at how much you love your baby?"  Duh.  "Is parenting keep you very busy?"  Nah, we just stick him in Annie's kennel and go about our days.  So in some ways, I don't find anything too surprising.  What I am most surprised about is just how FUN Wade is.  Ryan and I have such a good time playing with him and coaxing belly laughs out of him.  It's always fun to watch him quickly learn how things work and to mimic the things we do.

And with that, I hear Wade waking up.  Soon he'll be off to the babysitter and I'll start my day of cleaning for the party.  Oh, and I hear there will be a lot of "Remember where we were this time last year..."  I'm already remembering the pain of 6 a.m. on April 8, 2010.  The joy didn't come until 9:15 p.m....which of course was worth all the pain and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment